Part 1-- Jame (jian) Wang American dream or American is dreaming?

    





       The United States, as a country with only a few hundred years of history, has become the bigest power in the world, so it must have the support to develop rapidly. The faith provided by the American dream for the American people is an indispensable help




What is American dream???👇👇👇👇👇

Generally speaking, the American dream represents people's belief in the good life and individual freedom. For decades, it has led people all over the world, especially Americans, to realize their dreams of the ideal life through their own efforts.

                                         BUT......
Through recent events, I believe that the American dream's advocacy of individual freedom has become an object of blind faith among Americans. Today, news of americans protesting the quarantine kept coming out.
      To be honest, when I saw the American protest against the quarantine😷 on the Chinese media, I thought it was a propaganda tool of the Chinese media. But when I found the live video, I found that these Americans do believe that the government is restricting their freedom through such policies, and that's what I don't understand.😅😅
     In the same way, I have felt the American emphasis on freedom in my life. When I was living in China. I was shopping at a supermarket, I met an American who was arguing with a shop assistant😡 because he thought the security measures violated his rights.It was the first time I experienced the value americans place on personal freedom.It was also the first time that I realized that americans' pursuit of freedom had produced some contradictions.
    Therefore, I think it is the blind promotion of freedom like the American dream that makes people lose their ability to distinguish right from wrong. Due to the strong power of the United States, the American dream is undoubtedly highly recognized in the society, but such blind behavior is very undesirable, it has even become a misleading to people at this time. It is not that I think the American dream is wrong, but that such one-sided propaganda of beauty is inappropriate in today's society.

Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52417610
      






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 2-- Alisa(Zitong) Han-- The Character Analysis Connects the American Dream

Part 2 -- Eric (Hanxi) Zheng

Part 2 Lynn(Runlin) Dong