Part 1 The American Dream Analysis Hanwen Shi


πŸ‘ΎPart 1

HEY, what’s up!πŸ˜€ It’s Hanwen here. Today we are going to talk about the 

American Dream. American Dream means “Life🌱, Liberty🐾, and the pursuit of

 HappinessπŸ”.” It means a society for everyoneπŸ‘ͺπŸ‘«πŸ‘­πŸ‘¬πŸ‘― to be able to 

change their destinies through their hard works. From my

perspective, the most 

importantπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ thing in my life is to 

be able to devote to something I 

like freely. To do that, I must have 

the freedom to choose my lifestyle, to 

do things without distraction. That is exactly what 

Liberty” is in American Dreams.πŸ””πŸ””πŸ””



πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ•πŸŒ‘πŸŒ’


I was really interested in 🌲bIOLOGY🐏 πŸŒ²when I was in junior school, but because we have to prepare for the
high school entrance exam❗, we seldom have our free time. My junior school was one of the top junior schools in the city, students in the school are facing challenges and pressures😡😡😡 every day. So it’s really difficult for someone to find time to focus on what he/she really interested inπŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€, it’s hard to DEVELOP oneself. During this tough time, it helped me find what is really important to me, it’s the freedom to focus on what interests me the most.πŸ’₯πŸ‘ I believe interest is the BEST teacher.πŸ“œπŸ™‹πŸ™‹πŸ™‹


πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™ŠπŸ™Š

I came across this commercial when I first⌛⏰ came to Canada. It is a commercial from TD BANKπŸ’²πŸ’±, a famous bank in Canada. I was fascinated by the European lifestyle in the commercial. We can see in the commercial, the girl wants to open her own πŸ‘”πŸ‘•πŸ‘–clothing shopπŸ‘—πŸ‘˜. We can see her hard work, however, despite her hard workπŸ’°, the freedom she has to be able to fully committedπŸ“ to her dream is what really πŸ’£amazedπŸ’£ me. Without a tolerant society, a country has given everyone their freedom so they can be fully devoted to the building of their dreams, such things may never happen. Yes, this commercial may seem idealist. Because people who can achieve their American Dream are always the few. But I don’t think that is what the American Dream intent to do at firstπŸ’‘. The American dream should not be an order to force everyone to pursue.  It is more like a positive state of mind and a social πŸ’πŸ’atmosphereπŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž, encouraging everyone to pursue their dreams bravely. Even if most people fail in reality, but if one person realizes his dream because of


the American Dream, it proves that it worksπŸ”Œ.

πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Part 2

Step1: 
Gatsby 
Wealthy
Live in West Egg 😢😢
Pursue Daisy, Tom’s wife😰
 πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ˆ
Part 2:
In my opinionπŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€, the American Dream means the space and chances I can get to be able to fully devote to things I want to devote.πŸ’˜πŸ’πŸ’
SπŸ‘€ince the American Dream is about an ideal society,πŸ‘ͺ in which everyone, no matter class, race, rich or poor, all can achieve their dreams through hard work. It is very connectable with characters in The Great Gatsby. For example, George is working hard to keep his business running;πŸ’€ Myrtle is trying to change her class by flirting with Tom; and Gatsby, he was not that wealthy before, his experience makes his story more like another successful prove of American Dream.πŸ‘¨ 

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Part 3:
As far as I know, George is probably not going to realize his American Dream for all Tom wants is Myrtle, not really wants to help him out. And Myrtle may also not be able to do so. For in Tom’s eyes, she is just another “toy”πŸ™ˆπŸ™€ for him to play from poor class people.
To characters like Tom and Gatsby, we may doubt: Oh! They are so rich, they must have already achieved their American Dream right?πŸ‘€ But the reality may not always that simple and smooth. Tom seems rich, but is he really happy? As a married manπŸ‘ͺ, he cheated on his wife, and literally, everyone knows this (Except Nick LOL): “‘You mean to say you don’t know?’ said Miss Baker, honestly surprised. ‘I thought everybody knew.’” That does not sound pleasantπŸ’© to experience. He will be doubted, judged because he made these mistakes. For Gatsby, even he wants to be rich and he made it, it seemed he is such a typical example of how the American Dream should be like. However, if we know what he really desires, we can see Gatsby is not enjoyingπŸ’’πŸ’© his success. He is actually in pain. Because all he wants is DaisyπŸ‘°, no matter how rich he is, without Daisy, he will neverπŸ’£ be happy. And that is against the “pursuit of happiness” in the American Dream. 
I’m interested in Gatsby’s case, so let’s have a short analysis. Everyone admires how rich Gatsby is, I also think how can someone that rich being unhappy??? However, the reality is cruel. Humanity is designed to be greedyπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ή. Once you have all the money, all the cars, watches you want, how can you promise you won’t want anything else? It’s hard and unrealistic to make such a promise. Gatsby is such a perfect example. I think Gatsby already reached the “Liberty, Life” goal in the American Dream, he also proved himself in business, look how rich he is. However, he still cannot reach the “Happiness😊” in the goal. In my opinion, he is unhappy😞. “He smiled understandingly—much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life.” He desires something he cannot get😣😣😣 right now too bad. He needs to release himself, to free himself from this prison called “memory”πŸ’§πŸ’, or he will never be happyπŸ˜€. And what more important is this thing can only be done by himself, no one in the world can ever help him. Most time we are worried, unhappy, may all because of ourselves😐, first, think about our own desire, is that necessary? Are we too greedy or rushing sometimes? Maybe slow down, change prediction and direction may also be a release for ourselves.  In the commercial, the story of the girlπŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§ who started her own clothing shop is actually very similar to Gatsby’s story. In the book, Gatsby worked hard, earned a lot of money, after so many years, even after Daisy married Tom, he still did not give up❗. The girl in commercial starts with nothing, she is devoted to something---her dream. The realization of the girl's dream is a clothing storeπŸ‘šπŸ‘—πŸ‘˜πŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘Ÿ of her own. This is very similar to Gatsby, because, in the book, all the time and money Gatsby spends are also for a pointπŸ”Ž he devotes in. “Involuntarily I glanced seaward—and distinguished nothing except a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock. Daisy is actually the personification🐡🐢🐷 of his dream, she is what Gatsby really devoted to.❌
✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
Part 3
Hanwen’s comment for Roy’s Part 1
Yooo Roy,
Come and ... see my comment for you hahaha. I have to see your blogger really amazed, it’s awesome! I particularly enjoyed-----
A)    GOOD JOB: “I still remembered that when I was in junior high school about twelve years old”. The example of your junior high school in China, because I have had similar experiences with you, so I feel the same way.  I appreciate the examples you gave in the article. I think you have shown your main idea vividly through the examples. It is a very clever method.  Your fine arts skills are also very profound, and you are very unique in colour matching and font selection.

B)    PARTS THAT WEREN’T SUCCESSFUL: However, there is no perfect blogger in the world. You have done a very good job of analyzing examples, but it would be better if there were more original texts from the article.


C)    PARTS TO IMPROVE: Strangely, some pictures cannot be displayed on my computer, maybe you need to test them before publishing them next time.

Comments

  1. Roy's part3 for Hanwen's part1:
    OOOOO~~~MY BOY Hanwen, my dear roommate also classmate as well as friend. This is Royyyy.
    I am so glad that you commented on my blog before and also gave me such a highly rated recognition. Thank UUUUU~ After reading your blog, I would like to give U my private opinion-----
    a) It is a great start that you show your purpose of writing the blog at the beginning of the article. Besides, the way for you to talk your ideas is quite clear without vague and lengthy sentences. What is more, I have to admit that the application of emoticons is perfectly fantastic and interesting! During the process of using the media, I think that the evidence and explanation are strengthened, which makes me feel very persuasive. At the same time, I also agree with you about the assumption.
    b) However, it will be better if you make it into a complete opinion form – with showing both sides of the opinion first and telling your own opinion with your personal experience later. Also, I think that our opinion about the American Dream should be connected with the topic that we created combining with our idea, rather than use your own words to restate the definition about the American Dream. Another point, I hold a view that maybe it seems more logical if you select evidence, like the quotation, from the commercial and make a connection with the American Dream.
    c) For my advice, the structure needs to be improved, which could make it more complete and clear. And also, maybe you can try to talk your idea more detailed next time, like expressing your idea step by step.

    In brief, you did a good job in general but not good enough for your structure. I hope my comment could help you also your work has something good I should learn from. Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PART 2-- Alisa(Zitong) Han-- The Character Analysis Connects the American Dream

Part 2 -- Eric (Hanxi) Zheng

Part 2 Lynn(Runlin) Dong