Madison Part 1

In my opinion, the American dream is just a blank check for the upper class to win over the public.A blank check means it's just something the upper class USES to cheat the people;it's just something the upper class USES to win over people when they're unstable.When the upper level has to pay the price for the American dream, no one will do so, because no rich person wants to be treated the same as the poor, and no one will not enjoy the pleasures of power.Take me, for example, when I have some problems in the study, my parents always tell me that they will reward me with new toys and games after I study hard and get good grades, but I don't get corresponding rewards when I finish it.I represent the people while my parents represent the people in power.When there are problems in my study, my parents will plan a bright future for me and drive me to study hard.However, when these problems come true, my parents will not pay for it.Just like in COVID-19, not everyone is eligible for treatment.Most people are in the middle and upper classes.And at the beginning of the epidemic, people had to spend a lot of money to get tested, and if they didn't have the money, no one would care.Even US President Donald Trump said, "this is life" in response to why he gave the upper-class priority in getting tested.Covid-19 is the best proof that the American dream is a blank check. In the face of difficulties, no one is equal, because the upper class is not willing to enjoy the same treatment as the lower class, but the upper class still needs people's support.Therefore, to avoid the opposition of the public, the upper class created the American dream, made the public intoxicated with the description of the good life, made the people believe that the society is equal, and made the people continue to listen to the upper class.Maybe in the times of peace, the upper classes would have trumpeted the American dream and said they always shared and followed it, but when it comes to problems, they must be the initiators and saboteurs of the American dream. This is the reason why the American Dream is presented this way.It is also the best proof that the American dream is the product of idealism because when privilege comes along, to make democracy work more reliably for the upper class, the American dream comes into being.This is  a real dream and can never be achieved. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 2-- Alisa(Zitong) Han-- The Character Analysis Connects the American Dream

Part 2 -- Eric (Hanxi) Zheng

Part 2 Lynn(Runlin) Dong